07 July 2021

apologies

 My draft folder of blog entries shows that I owe you over a year's worth of books: July - September 2019 seems several ages age. I am sorry for the delay in posting. Rest assured, it is not because I stopped reading during the year that time stopped.

Rather, I got tired of watching Amazon absorb the retail ecosystem. I got tired of seeing Prime trucks on the freeway, on my street, instead of Postal carriers. I got tired of hearing how much richer Bezos became during lockdown, and I wanted another way to offer you the books I recommend.

Bookshop.org offers that alternative. Their searchable web interface lets us support local shops, rather than an enterprise dedicated to putting such spots out of business, by distributing 75% of the profits to independent bookstores. I hope you agree it is a better way.


Please note that Bookshop.org dose offer an affiliate program. I am now part of this program and earn a commission of sales thru my website. In the meantime, I have not removed the Amazon search box from the site because I can no longer access source code to alter the page. Should you make a purchase using this search, I no longer receive a commission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home